Initial reactions and observations
- Boneheaded defending cost Bayern Munich the win tonight. It’s weird how many times the defense switched off with Salzburg in possession, given how the team were otherwise pretty dominant.
- Julian Nagelsmann needs to end this experiment with Thomas Muller as a striker. It just doesn’t work and it never has.
- Dayot Upamecano doesn’t seem to have missed a beat from the World Cup.
- Mathys Tel and Arijon Ibrahimovic — what a pair of youngsters! Based on this game, they need to play in the second half of the season.
- Joshua Kimmich being the only player to play 90 mins is such a Joshua Kimmich thing to do.
Full time: Bayern Munich 4-4 RB Salzburg.
89’ — Goal. Salzburg make it 4-4. Bruh.
88’ — GOOOOOOOOOOAL! How has Tel shot from there? Anyway, he’s done it! 4-3 to Bayern!
70’ — GOOOOOOOOAL! Kingsley Coman makes it 3-3!
68’ — GOOOOOAL! Arijon Ibrahimovic makes it 2-3! Can Bayern still win this?
62’ — Subs: Too many to list. Only Kimmich remains on the pitch.
53’ — Goal. That was a goalazo really. But honestly, what is going on? Salzburg lead 3-1.
51’ — Goal. Salzburg take the lead now from a corner. Poor defending.
45’ — The second half kicks off!
Halftime: Bayern Munich 1-1 RB Salzburg.
16’ — Goal. Koita makes it 1-1. Totally against the run of play there.
9’ — GOOOOOOAL! Leroy Sane makes it 1-0! Wonderful run and pass by Gravenberch for the assist.
Kickoff: We’re underway! For the first time in 2023, we will see Bayern take to the pitch!
One hour until kickoff: We have lineups! Julian Nagelsmann opts to field a strong Bayern Munich XI for this part of the friendly. You can be sure that there will be lots of substitutions.
So it’s finally time for the first Bayern Munich game of 2023. Honestly, we’ve been so starved of content in the last few months that any kind of football is a godsend. The Bundesliga is admirable for its winter break allowing the players to rest, but combined with a World Cup break the hiatus was almost unbearable.
We’re almost back, though. Bayern are having its first friendly much later than most other German clubs, probably because the club had a much higher percentage of stars attending the World Cup. Lucas Hernandez and Manuel Neuer miss out due to long term injuries, while Julian Nagelsmann confirmed that Matthijs de Ligt will sit out as a precautionary measure.
This will be our first time to see the squad in action since the WC break. How much has changed in that time?
Location: Bayern Campus Stadium, Munich, Germany
Time: 6:00 pm local time, 12 pm EST
TV/streaming: FC Bayern YouTube
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- If the comments section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It’s not necessary to have the whole comments loaded at one time while you’re just casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- Here at BFW we celebrate every goal like they do in the stadium: with a chant. The goal chants are for everyone to participate in! Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something completely different, we have it all.
We would like to thank the writer of this write-up for this remarkable content
Bayern Munich 4-4 RB Salzburg: Initial reactions and observations
Find here our social media profiles , as well as other related pageshttps://topfut.com/related-pages/