The summer transfer window is here, and there’s plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings and goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Dortmund name big price for Bellingham’s transfer
Bellingham, 19, contributed to 11 goals from 32 Bundesliga starts last season, with his best performances coming from the centre of midfield, and that has seen him on the radar of several clubs across Europe.
Liverpool, Manchester United, and Real Madrid have all been linked with the England midfielder, but they will need to make a substantial offer to have any chance of signing him.
The former Birmingham player has three years left on his deal and there is no release clause, meaning the club won’t be powerless from stopping the player leaving — as they were with Erling Haaland‘s €60m departure for Manchester City earlier this month.
Dortmund manager Edin Terzic wants to keep Bellingham, who has so far shown no signs of wanting to orchestrate a move away. But that doesn’t mean he would turn down a fresh challenge if it were right for him.
19.59 BST: Barcelona are ready to match Chelsea’s £60m offer for the signing of Raphinha, according to the Times. It is reported that the Blaugrana‘s financial position has been strengthened by the sale of a portion of their television rights, and they are now ready to move forward with their approach for the Brazil winger. And despite Chelsea being the first club to have an offer for the 25-year-old accepted by Leeds, it now looks as though the Camp Nou hierarchy have maneuvered their way into pole position, with Raphinha reportedly preferring to move to the Catalan capital.
19.26 BST: Paris Saint-Germain have made an increased offer to Sassuolo in hopes of landing striker Gianluca Scamacca, reports Gianluca Di Marzio. The Ligue 1 club are reported to have offered a transfer fee of €40m including bonuses, though that is still short of the Serie A club’s valuation of €50m.
18.53 BST: There’s been plenty of speculation surrounding the future of Marco Asensio in recent weeks, and the Spain international is now said to be actively looking to leave Real Madrid, according to Sport. The 26-year-old winger is keen to play regularly in a leading role ahead of the World Cup later this year, though teams are reluctant to meet his proposed €40m transfer fee and salary demands of around €7m annually. Arsenal, AC Milan and Liverpool have all been linked with interest in his services.
18.18 BST: Tottenham Hotspur manager Antonio Conte is continuing his search for a defender this summer, and he has added Pervis Estupinan of Villarreal to his shortlist, writes Goal. The north London club are looking to offer the Spanish outfit a transfer fee of £13m in a bid to secure the 24-year-old left-back, while they are also still in the race for Barcelona centre-back Clement Lenglet.
17.59 BST: Union Berlin have signed United States forward Jordan Pefok to spearhead their fourth season in the Bundesliga and second in European soccer. The 26-year-old joins from Swiss team Young Boys, where he spent two seasons. Read the full story.
— 1. FC Union Berlin (@fcunion_en) June 30, 2022
17.41 BST: Lille midfielder Renato Sanches has arrived in the French capital with hopes of finalising personal terms ahead of a proposed move to Paris Saint-Germain, reports Foot Mercato.PSG are reportedly prepared to offer him wages worth €6m a season as they look to beat AC Milan to his signature. The 24-year-old Portugal international is now in the final year of his contract, and Lille are prepared to move him on to avoid losing him on a free transfer next summer.
17.00 BST: Manchester City have no intentions of allowing centre-back Nathan Ake to leave without first finding a replacement, according to the Manchester Evening News. Chelsea are the most recent team to have shown interest in landing the 27-year-old Netherlands international, but it is said that Pep Guardiola wants to keep him at the Etihad Stadium.
16.16 BST: Despite Chelsea having agreed a fee with Leeds, Raphinha is waiting on Barcelona’s finances to clear up to see whether the Blaugrana will be able to make an offer for the 25-year-old winger, according to Goal’s Nizaar Kinsella. The Catalan club sold 10% of its television rights for the next 25 years on Thursday in a deal worth €207.5m, which should help Xavi’s side enter the transfer market in a meaningful way, with sources telling ESPN Barca submitted a third offer for Robert Lewandowski earlier in the day.
15.12 BST: Bruno Fernandes does not believe Manchester United are willing to Cristiano Ronaldo this summer.
Despite rumours that Roma, coached by Jose Mourinho, are interested in signing Ronaldo this summer, Fernandes expects his fellow Portugal teammate to stay put.
He told reporters: “From what I talked to him — we’re both on holiday, no one bothers friends on holiday — I expect to meet him on the July 4 to train there [at Manchester United], I’m not expecting anything more but each one takes care of their future. I don’t believe that the club is willing to lose an asset like Cristiano.”
Ronaldo, 37, returned to United last summer after three seasons at Juventus. He has one year left on his contract with United and has an option to extend it for a further season. Fernandes hopes that Ronaldo ends his career at their former club Sporting CP.
“It would be a great moment for Sporting fans, almost everyone expects that,” he said. “I would like that to happen. He has the ambition to continue playing for many years, we will see what he decides — I hope — when his contract with United ends. “But the ambition and dream of Sporting fans would be to see Ronaldo playing for Sporting.”
14.43 BST: Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves won’t be moving if the club don’t drop their £75m valuation, says The Sun.
Neves, 25, has been tracked by Arsenal, Manchester United, and Barcelona but those clubs are only willing to pay in the region of £45m to sign the Portugal international.
13.56 BST: Chelsea want to sign Brazilian winger Raphinha from Leeds.
Steve Nicol explains his one concern about Raphinha’s reported move to Chelsea from Leeds.
13.03 BST: Barcelona have agreed to sell 10% of their LaLiga television rights for €207.5 million to the global investment firm Sixth Street for 25 years, the Catalan club announced on Thursday.
The deal will last for 25 years and ensures Barca will close the financial year, which ends on June 30, with a slight profit rather than losses for the third successive year.
However, sources have played down the idea the cash injection will lead to more activity in the transfer market. They say further commercial deals, player departures and reducing the wage bill are still the immediate concerns.
12.21 BST: Former Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde has returned to Athletic Club for a third spell as coach, the LaLiga side announced on Thursday.
Valverde, 58, had been out of a job since being dismissed by Barca in January 2020 until newly-elected Athletic president Jon Uriarte chose him to replace departed coach Marcelino.
Valverde spent six years at the club as a player between 1990-96 before first returning as a coach in 2003. He is already Athletic’s longest-serving manager, having previously coached the side in a club-record 306 games between 2003-05, and then again between 2013-17 before leaving to join Barca.
12.05 BST: FC Porto midfielder Vitinha will travel to Paris to complete his €40m transfer to Paris Saint-Germain, according to Record.
Vitinha, 22, will undergo a medical before putting pen to paper on a contract with PSG until June 2027.
The Portugal international made 47 appearances across all competitions for Porto this past season.
11.44 BST: Sevilla are in talks with Galatasaray to sign Brazilian defender Marcos do Nascimiento Teixeira ‘Marcao’ in a €10m transfer.
Estadio Deportivo reports that the 26-year-old has already agreed personal terms with the LaLiga club and will sign a five-year contract once a deal has been reached.
The former Atletico-PR player will become the Sevilla’s first summer signing and replace compatriot Diego Carlos, who will officially join Aston Villa on July 1 for €30m.
11.09 BST: Barcelona have made a third bid worth more than €40m for Robert Lewandowski but have received no response from Bayern Munich, sources have told ESPN.
Lewandowski, 33, has told Bayern he would like them to listen to offers from other clubs as he moves into the final year of his contract, which expires in 2023.
Barca have made the Poland striker their top target this summer, with coach Xavi Hernandez confirming in May that he was hopeful of signing him.
However, the Catalan club have so far failed to get Bayern to engage in negotiations over a potential transfer.
Sources told ESPN last week that Barca’s opening bid did not reach €40m, but their latest offer, which is their third, is worth over that amount including the fixed fee and add-ons.
10.41 BST: Thiago Silva believes Brazil teammate Neymar should join him at Chelsea this summer.
Uncertainty over Neymar’s future at Paris Saint-Germain has grown in recent weeks, with reports claiming that the French giants are willing to sell him in this transfer window.
Neymar, 30, has emerged as a potential summer target for Chelsea.
“He [Neymar] has to go to Chelsea,” Silva, who played with Neymar at PSG under current Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel, told reporters while on holiday in Recife, Brazil. “If it happens, it would be the best possible thing. I hope it does materialise, but I don’t know anything about it.”
Neymar, who joined PSG in a world record €222 million transfer in 2017 from Barcelona, has played five seasons at the club.
10.12 BST: West Ham are leading the race to sign Villarreal winger Arnaut Danjuma, Diario AS reports.
Newcastle are also monitoring the Netherlands international, who is under contract with Villarreal through June 2026.
Danjuma has attracted the attention of several Premier League clubs since scoring 16 goals and setting up four more in 34 appearances after joining the Spanish outfit from Bournemouth last summer. Villarreal are prepared to let the 25-year-old leave for an initial fee of €36m.
09.24 BST: Tottenham Hotspur are closing in on signing Everton forward Richarlison for what is expected to be a club-record fee in the region of £60m, sources have told ESPN.
The Brazil international is set to agree terms on a five-year deal and a formal announcement could be made within the next 48 hours.
The exact fee structure is yet to be finalised but Spurs are likely to pay an initial £50m with as much as £10m in add-ons.
Although the performance-related add-ons were being discussed on Thursday morning, the final agreement is almost certain to surpass the £53.8m Spurs paid to sign Lyon midfielder Tanguy Ndombele in 2019.
As part of the agreement, Richarlison’s former club Watford are entitled to receive 10% of any fee over £40m.
08.30 BST: ICYMI last night, Romelu Lukaku has completed his return to Inter Milan on loan from Chelsea.
Lukaku, 29, endured a tough 2021-22 season following his €115m move to Stamford Bridge from Inter last summer, scoring eight goals in 26 Premier League appearances.
The Belgium international returns to Inter, whom he helped secure the Serie A title in 2021 by scoring 24 times and assisting a further 10 in 36 matches in their league campaign.
Sources told ESPN that Chelsea had originally demanded a loan fee of around €20m for Lukaku but eventually accepted a structured deal totalling around €12m including bonuses.
Steve Nicol says Christian Pulisic will need to leave Chelsea if the club sign Raheem Sterling and Raphinha.
– Napoli star Kalidou Koulibaly has moved to the top of Chelsea’s wanted list as Thomas Tuchel looks to acquire a centre-back this summer, according to the Daily Mirror. The 31-year-old will enter the final year of his contract on Friday, and the Blues are keen to finalise a move quickly to ensure they do not approach the new Premier League season with a shortage in defence. It is reported he would be interested in joining Chelsea, with a fee of around €50m required.
– Chelsea defender Levi Colwill is attracting interest from both Leicester City and Southampton, reports the Guardian. The 19-year-old England under-21 international defender enjoyed an impressive campaign last season on loan at Huddersfield Town, and it is reported that he is prepared to leave Stamford Bridge if he can’t secure first-team minutes.
– Watford midfielder Moussa Sissoko is expected to sign a two-year deal with Ligue 1 side Nantes on Thursday, writes Foot Mercato. The 32-year-old France international made 36 Premier League appearances last season, but after leaving Toulouse in 2013, he looks set to return to France’s top flight amid reports that he passed his medical with Les Canaris on Wednesday.
– Fiorentina are understood to be readying a £7m offer to Leicester City for Dennis Praet, writes Gianluca Di Marzio. The 28-year-old attacking midfielder spent last season on loan in Serie A with Torino, where he made 23 appearances. But after they opted against making his move permanent, the Belgium international could now make a return to Italy’s top flight with the Viola, who are also reported to be close to landing Real Madrid striker Luka Jovic.
We want to say thanks to the author of this post for this incredible material
LIVE Transfer Talk: BVB seek €120m for Bellingham amid Man Utd, Liverpool, Madrid interest
Explore our social media profiles and also other pages related to themhttps://topfut.com/related-pages/