The summer transfer window is here, and there’s plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings and goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: PSG ready to challenge Barca for Silva
Silva, 27, has been followed closely by the Blaugrana this summer but, having prioritised other moves, the LaLiga club are now in a position where they must offload players before they can table an offer to City.
Pep Guardiola’s Premier League champions are looking for a transfer fee in the region of €85 million for the Portugal international, and Silva is reportedly open to making the switch back to France if an agreement is reached with PSG — despite previously calling it a dream to play at Camp Nou.
With the Ligue 1 club optimistic that its sporting director Luis Campos would be able to get a deal over the line, PSG are confident of landing the former AS Monaco star if Barcelona continue to hesitate in meeting City’s demands.
21.32 BST: Chelsea are looking to ensure that centre-back Levi Colwill only leaves on loan if he completes a move to Brighton & Hove Albion this summer, according to the Guardian’s Jacob Steinberg. The 19-year-old England youth international has been strongly linked with a move to the Seagulls as the clubs negotiate the transfer of Marc Cucurella, but while Brighton are keen to sign Colwill on a permanent deal, though Thomas Tuchel sees the player as someone who could make an impact in the first team in the near future.
The Blaugrana must reduce their wage expenditure before they can register their new signings in Raphinha, Robert Lewandowski and Jules Kounde. De Jong, 25, is one of the club’s highest earners, and it is said that the Netherlands international could remain at Camp Nou – but only iif he agrees to a new deal that would heavily reduce his salary.
20.59 BST: TSG Hoffenheim are confident of signing RB Leipzig left-back Angelino, according to Fabrizio Romano. After the two clubs agreed a deal that brought David Raum to Red Bull Arena, Hoffenheim are now lining up a move for the 25-year-old former Manchester City starlet.
20.42 BST: Despite interest from the Premier League, Borussia Monchengladbach striker Alassane Plea has chosen Nice as his preferred destination, writes Le10 Sport. The Bundesliga club reportedly have held talks with their counterparts in England regarding a deal for the 29-year-old, but he is keen to return to his home of France if he’s to leave Borussia Park this summer.
20.26 BST: Cesar Azpilicueta will not be joining Barcelona after all, despite the Catalan club’s monthslong pursuit of the Spain international. The 32-year-old Chelsea captain has signed a new contract that will keep him at Stamford Bridge through the 2023-24 season. Read the full story.
Mr. Chelsea. Two more years. 💙 pic.twitter.com/j8lYVl3km4
— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) August 4, 2022
20.09 BST: Minnesota United are working to sign thrice-capped Mexico international Jonathan Gonzalez on a six-month loan from Liga MX giants Monterrey, according to the Pioneer Press’s Andy Greder. The 23-year-old Californian and former United States youth international has made 84 appearances for the club since debuting in 2017, but spent last season on loan at Necaxa and Queretaro, where he played just 275 minutes across the Apertura and Clausura tournaments.
19.53 BST: Fulham are continuing to assess the idea of landing AS Roma winger Justin Kluivert, reports Gianluca Di Marzio. Jose Mourinho’s side are looking to offload the 23-year-old this summer, following two underwhelming loan spells away from the club, and the Cottagers have met with representatives of the twice-capped Netherlands international, who is said to be interested in moving to southwest London.
19.36 BST: The LA Galaxy have completed the signing of midfielder Riqui Puig from Barcelona on a free transfer, the MLS club announced on Thursday. The 22-year-old Spain youth international has put pen to paper on a three-and-a-half year contract with the Galaxy using Targeted Allocation Money. Read the full story.
Riqui Puig is a 𝔊 💙🤍💛
— LA Galaxy (@LAGalaxy) August 4, 2022
19.20 BST: Matt Miazga is headed back to MLS, signing a three-and-a-half year contract with FC Cincinnati via a free transfer from Chelsea, a source confirmed to ESPN’s Jeff Carlisle. The source added that Miazga will not be a Designated Player, meaning his salary can’t exceed $1,612,500. Read the full story.
19.04 BST: Paris Saint-Germain have announced the signing of Lille midfielder Renato Sanches, the Ligue 1 clubs announced on Thursday. The 24-year-old Portugal international has flourished in France, following a turbulent three-year spell at Bayern Munich, and has now signed a five-year contract to anchor the midfield at Parc des Princes.
— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_English) August 4, 2022
18.47 BST: More on Chelsea, more on Wolverhampton Wanderers! TalkSport’s Alex Crook reports that the West Midlands outfit are in advanced talks to sign Michy Batshuayi on loan from the west London club.
Despite a successful season on loan at Besiktas last season in which he contributed to 17 goals, it looks as though that has done little to convince Thomas Tuchel to keep him at Stamford Bridge for the upcoming Premier League campaign. The Blues are willing to cover part of the 28-year-old striker’s wages as part of the deal.
18.30 BST: Cesar Azpilicueta has decided to snub Barcelona and extend his contract at Chelsea for another two years, sources have told ESPN’s Moises Llorens. The Spain international reached an agreement to join the Blaugrana a few months ago but negotiations between both clubs stalled more than expected and the 32-year-old right-back-turned-centre-back has opted to stay at Stamford Bridge. Read the full story.
18.14 BST: Nantes are looking to challenge Wolverhampton Wanderers for the signature of Bordeaux forward Hwang Ui-Jo, writes Foot Mercato. The 29-year-old South Korea international striker was a standout performer last season, but he is looking to leave Bordeaux after they were relegated from Ligue 1.
17.41 BST: Alex Telles has signed for Sevilla on a season-long loan from Manchester United, both clubs announced on Thursday. ESPN reported on Wednesday that United were set for a defensive clearout and Telles is the first to leave the club. Read the full story.
— Sevilla FC (@SevillaFC_ENG) August 4, 2022
17.08 BST: Barcelona have missed out on signing Chelsea defender Cesar Azpilicueta, reports Sport. The Blaugrana were keen to acquire the 32-year-old defender this summer, but the latest indicates that he has agreed to a two-year contract extension at Stamford Bridge. It is said that the announcement is imminent, but the LaLiga side plan to return to the negotiating table for him in 2023.
16.35 BST: Talks between LAFC and Rapid Vienna are in the “final stages” for a deal that will see winger Yusuf Demir move to MLS, according to Sky Sport Deutschland’s Florian Plettenberg. The 19-year-old Austria international spent the first half of last season on loan at Barcelona, where he featured for 290 minutes before the Catalan club terminated the short-term arrangement in January, and registered one goal in 11 appearances upon his return to the Austrian Bundesliga.
16.02 BST: FC Cincinnati are in talks with Chelsea over a deal to bring United States centre-back Matt Miazga back to MLS, according to MLSsoccer.com’s Tom Bogert. The 27-year-old moved to Stamford Bridge from the New York Red Bulls in January 2016, but in the six years since, Miazga has embarked on seven separate loan spells with five different clubs in the Netherlands, France, Belgium, Spain and England’s second division.
15.29 BST: West Ham have agreed a £17.5m fee with Burnley to sign forward Maxwel Cornet, says Sky Sports.
Cornet, 25, scored nine times in 28 games last season but the Ivory Coast international wants a new challenge after the club were relegated.
14.27 BST: Leicester are keen on Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, but won’t include their defender Wesley Fofana in any negotiations, says CBS.
Hudson-Odoi, 21, could move on for more game time, with Chelsea trying to land Fofana for around £70m and in talks over a deal.
Leicester will make their move for the England international, but will try and keep the two transfers separate.
13.41 BST: Marseille are set to sign Roma midfielder Jordan Veretout, says Fabrizio Romano.
Veretout, 29, will undergo a medical and sign for a n €11m fee plus €4.5m in add-ons.
The France international moved to Roma from Fiorentina in 2020 on a permanent basis for an initial fee of €16m, having begun his career with Nantes.
13.15 BST: Arsenal have already spent more than £100m on new signings this summer but manager Mikel Arteta hinted at further arrivals, although their immediate priority is to secure acceptable offers for several unwanted players including Hector Bellerin, Lucas Torreira and Nicolas Pepe.
“We are really active as you can see with coming ins and outs, everything is still open,” he said at a news conference.
“It is a long window. A lot has happened. It is incredible how much business the clubs has already done across the Premier League. And it shows how competitive it will be this season. It is not going to stop, that. Players are going to have the needs to leave, some others to move and everything is open still.”
Arsenal have fitness doubts over Fabio Vieira, Emile Smith Rowe, Takehiro Tomiyasu and Kieran Tierney.
Arteta confirmed “three of the four” would train later on Thursday but declined to specify which player would be absent.
12.30 BST: What are Man United to do with Cristiano Ronaldo?
Shaka Hislop dissects the dynamic between Cristiano Ronaldo and Eric ten Hag after Ronaldo was seen leaving stadium before the final whistle.
12.11 BST: Former Cadiz defender Carlos Akapo is close to joining San Jose Earthquakes, sources have told ESPN.
Akapo, 29, made 25 appearances in LaLiga last season and is an Equatorial Guinea international.
The right-back revealed on Wednesday that he would be leaving Cadiz after three years at the club, having failed to reach an agreement on a new contract after his previous deal expired.
“I would have liked to renew,” he said on Twitter. “That was my only intention. I didn’t have the chance to say goodbye as I would have liked, but I’ll focus on the positives.”
11.45 BST: Chelsea are trying to hijack Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong‘s move to Manchester United, says The Daily Mirror.
De Jong, 25, is owed €20m in wages by Barcelona, who want to move him on for around €85m to help with their financial crisis.
However, the Netherlands international wants to move to a club in the Champions League, which rules out United.
11.18 BST: The Athletic claims that Nottingham Forest attempting to sign Jizz Hornkamp from Willem II.
Hornkamp, 24, scored four times in 13 appearances after signing in January from Den Bosch, but wasn’t able to stop their relegation.
Forest spent a club-record £17.5m to sign Taiwo Awoniyi from Union Berlin and are looking to make Hornkamp their 13th signing of the summer.
10.57 BST: Chelsea are stepping up their search for a striker after making enquiries for Barcelona’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and FC Salzburg’s Benjamin Sesko, sources have told ESPN.
The Blues are keen to add further reinforcements after allowing Romelu Lukaku to re-join Inter Milan on a season-long loan and are assessing their options before making a formal move.
Those under consideration include Aubameyang, who only left north London rivals Arsenal in January to move to Camp Nou on a free transfer.
ESPN reported in April 2020 that Chelsea were monitoring Aubameyang before he signed a new long-term contract with the Gunners.
10.37 BST: Carney Chukwuemeka has signed a six-year contract at Chelsea, having joined for around £20m from Aston Villa.
Chukwuemeka, 18, broke into the Aston Villa side last season, made 14 appearances and became the youngest player to register a Premier League goal contribution for the club in December’s 2-0 win over Norwich City.
He also helped England to glory at the under-19 European Championship, scoring in the final against Israel.
“It’s been quite hectic but I couldn’t get Chelsea out of my head the last few days so I’m just happy and relieved that it’s all done,” he said. “I’m so excited and just can’t wait to get on the pitch, meet all the players and try to win games and trophies with Chelsea.”
Todd Boehly, chairman, added: “Carney is one of the most exciting young players in Europe so we are really looking forward to seeing him in action at Stamford Bridge. We are delighted to be able to bring him to Chelsea and add such a talented young individual to our squad for the new season and beyond.”
— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) August 4, 2022
10.30 BST: Paul Pogba moved back to Juventus on a free transfer but is already injured.
Julien Laurens breaks down Paul Pogba’s decision not to get surgery on his knee and how that affects his World Cup status.
10.04 BST: Man City midfielder James McAtee has joined Sheffield United on a season-long loan.
09.48 BST: Barcelona will need €25m to land Chelsea duo Cesar Azpilicueta and Marcos Alonso, Diario AS reports.
The Spain internationals have been reported targets of Barca in recent transfer windows. The two players become free agents next season. Azpilicueta, 32, has been valued at €10m, while Alonso’s price is set at €15m.
Chelsea are unwilling to lower the asking price considering they already lost defenders Andreas Christensen, who joined Barcelona, and Antonio Rudiger, who signed for Real Madrid.
09.23 BST: Manchester United defender Alex Telles is expected to undergo a medical on Thursday ahead of his season-long loan to Sevilla.
Telles, 29, arrived in Seville on Wednesday evening after the two clubs reportedly reached an agreement for the Brazil international to play the 2022-23 season with the LaLiga outfit. A permanent option has not been included in the deal.
Telles played 50 official games for United after joining the Red Devils from FC Porto in the summer of 2020.
Sevilla will only pay a percentage of Telles’ wages and he will become the club’s second summer signing following the arrival of Brazilian defender Marcao from Galatasaray.
08.55 BST: Fabrizio Romano reports that Chelsea are considering making a bid to sign Barcelona striker Pierre Emerick Aubameyang.
Aubameyang, 31, left Arsenal on a free transfer in February and initially impressed at Camp Nou. But the Catalans have just spent €45m to sign Robert Lewandowski, so Aubameyang could find his playing time reduced this season.
Chelsea have yet to make an approach to Barcelona, but the player is reportedly keen to move back to London and Barca need to raise money through player exits.
08.28 BST: ICYMI — Kasper Schmeichel has completed a move to French club Nice to end his 11-year stay at Leicester City, the clubs announced Wednesday.
The 35-year-old leaves the King Power Stadium as a club legend after being one of the best players in Leicester’s shock Premier League title win in the 2015-16 season.
Schmeichel played a key role in Leicester’s successful journey after helping them gain promotion to the top-flight in 2014. After winning the league, Schmeichel also won the FA Cup in 2020 and the Community Shield the following campaign.
08.00 BST: Manchester United’s clearout is set to begin with Alex Telles and Eric Bailly, sources have told ESPN.
Sevilla are negotiating a loan move for Telles and have also registered an interest in Bailly, along with Serie A side Roma.
Sources have told ESPN that Axel Tuanzebe, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Phil Jones and Brandon Williams are also available for transfer — either permanent or loans with an obligation to sign on a permanent deal — if suitable offers are received.
Telles is surplus to requirements at Old Trafford after Erik ten Hag made left-back Tyrell Malacia his first summer signing.
Julien Laurens breaks down Paul Pogba’s decision not to get surgery on his knee and how that affects his World Cup status.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)
– Chelsea are facing competition from Man City in the race for RB Leipzig defender Josko Gvardiol, according to Bild. The 20-year-old’s standout performances in the Bundesliga last season have seen him attract attention from across Europe this summer, but it is reported that Domenico Tedesco’s side are keen to keep hold of him and will look to fend off any moves for his services.
– Bournemouth are looking to acquire one of their top targets of the summer in Marcos Senesi, writes Fabrizio Romano. Talks have begun between the Cherries and Feyenoord over a deal for the 25-year-old centre-back, but it is reported that there could be some difficulty in landing him. The Eredivisie side are reportedly reluctant to let go of a player who has missed just two league games over the past two seasons.
– South Korea international striker Hwang Ui-Jo is a summer target for Wolverhampton Wanderers, but the Premier League club has seen an initial offer rejected, according to L’Equipe. Bruno Lage’s Wolves are keen to acquire the 29-year-old forward, who contributed to 15 goals in 36 Ligue 1 starts for Bordeaux last season, but the Ligue 2 club are looking for more than the €3m proposal.
– Nottingham Forest are continuing their work in the transfer market and are in talks with Atalanta over a move for Switzerland international Remo Freuler, says Gianluca Di Marzio. While an official offer is yet to be tabled, the report says that negotiations are ongoing over a fee, with the 30-year-old midfielder a key target for the newly promoted Premier League side.
– Rayan Raveloson could soon be on his way from the LA Galaxy to Auxerre, reports The Athletic. An agreement has been reached between the clubs and the 25-year-old midfielder is headed to France to undergo a medical before the deal is finalised. The outlet adds that the move will make way for the Galaxy to add new signing Riqui Puig, who is poised to join from Barcelona after a deal was agreed on Tuesday.
We would love to say thanks to the writer of this short article for this remarkable material
LIVE Transfer Talk: PSG aim to beat Barca to Man City’s Silva
Take a look at our social media profiles as well as other related pageshttps://topfut.com/related-pages/